Friday, April 13, 2012

I need to write in the morning!  By the time I got home from a meeting and choir I was exhausted!  A little bit of choir drama...I go back and forth about singing in the choir, but then I think, I don't need to get drawn into this, it's between the choir director and the choir.  But it's never that simple and clear cut is it?
I got to spend some time with my sweet little granddaughter this afternoon.  I'm amazed at the drive to keep moving forward that I see at work in her.  It seems like she just figured out how to sit up, then pull herself up, and now she acts like she wants to climb!  It made me wonder when I shut that part of myself off?  When do we as adults quit pushing ourselves?  Or maybe some adults don't, which is why you read about an 80 year old running a marathon or skiing.  So I'm thinking I need to learn or try something new, something physical.  I'm more than comfortable reading about new theology or stretching my mind, but not so much with physical stuff.  I need to do it now before the gravitational pull of the couch wins totally.  So, the next question is - what?  I have done some outrigger paddling as a substitute, but can't seem to find a regular, recreational paddling opportunity.  I live in an area that offers lots of outdoor opportunities...maybe I"ll try stand up paddling...

No comments:

Post a Comment