Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Post Easter Blues and Blahs

I'm feeling so tired after Easter.  I was actually feeling tired before Easter! I'm feeling perilously close to burn out...I have just completed my first year of ministry at a new church.  While beginning a new ministry is exciting, it's also exhausting.  I'm hanging on for a couple more weeks to take a week off when some family come to visit.  Then in June I'm going to the Ghost Ranch in NM for a week long course.  I'm planning on doing some serious reflecting and resting!  I'm trying to pay attention to what I am doing and how I am spending my energy.  My challenge is that even when I recognize I'm getting pulled into the vortex of distractions, i.e. property concerns, bathroom lights, and outside user groups, I don't know quite how to disengage!  I feel like just shouting outside my office: "I just want to minister!"
It's only Tuesday after Easter, so hopefully my patience and fortitude will be renewed mid-week...

No comments:

Post a Comment