Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I saw a blog or tweet about "first world problems" and so I think this goes under that category! haha!
I've heard somewhere, maybe a Hindu principle, that when lots of things are breaking down something good is trying to be born.  Maybe that's way off.  However, I'm hanging onto it since our poor little VW Jetta keeps breaking, literally.  A couple weeks ago a flat tire.  Then the driver's side window button broke.  The AC hasn't worked for a year...now the passenger side window button broke off...I ask myself, can I drive around in a car with no AC and unable to put down either of the front windows?  Living in Hawaii most of the year you can get by without AC, but the summer can be very hot indeed.  Do we keep putting money into the little thing, it runs great.  And most importantly no car payment! 
In my advancing middle age I find myself needing more and more air circulation.  The rear windows can both still be put down, and on the other bright side it prevents me from eating drive through fast food!
I know this is a ridiculous, brainless post, but this is my predicament...I'm not much into "things."  I'm not one who needs the newest and nicest.  But I find myself coveting cars with all the bells and whistles, things like window buttons, radio buttons, AC, a headliner that isn't falling off...Is it worth it to invest a couple thousand into a car that seems to be crumbling but running?

No comments:

Post a Comment